Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

My mother has bulky uterus with thick endometrium. Is surgery needed?

BULKY UTERUS WITH THICK ENDOMETRIUM & 3 intramural, 1 subserosal anterior
Hello Doctor, I need your openion for following symptoms to my mother(age 47). 1. Bulky Uterus (10.8* 6.8* 8.7 cms) with Thick endometrium (16mm). 2. Three intramural and 1 subserosal anterior wall uterine fibroids of sizes 2 to 4cm. I consulted one local doctors for this. His openion is to do the surgery to remove the uterious rather than just removing intramural, as its going to problem in future. What would be your openion on this. Anand ~ 9423038539
Asked On : Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  4117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi,your mother is near menopause age. As it approaches fibroids will shrink in size with passing years.

thick endometrium &bulky uterus if asymptomic needs regular USG follow up.

Even if symptomatic ,symptoms will decrease with time as menopause(cessation of menstruation) progress.So wait to take decision for hysterectomy,she must have endometrium biopsy to be done before the final decision for surgery .
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Gandhi Chandak's  Response
Weco ego health care. Agin
Well firstly endometrial biopsy should be done to rule our carcinoma of uterus
Then if negative hysterectomy should be done for her age patients.ovaries can be left behinds after evaluating the condition of ovaries.
Answered: Wed, 4 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello Anand,
How is her menstrual bleedig ie heavy or normal;what is her Hb and general condition. I will suggest, first go for endometrial biopsy.If it is normal then ayurvedic treatment should be has got good results.
panchkarma treatment along with oral medicines will reduce the size of endometrium and fibroids.
For any queries you are welcome
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
General & Family Physician Dr. Preetesh Sahani's  Response
Dear Anand
Well at this age dysfunctional uterine bleeding along with pain abdomen can be problem with fibroid.its better to remove the uterus.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Based on your mother's age and the fact that the family is complete, it is a better option to remove the uterus. There will be no side effects. The Ovaries which are necessary for hormones in the body won't be removed. After removal of uterus there will be no bleeding, pain. Speak about the benefits and cons of Hysterectomy with your Gynaecologist.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Anand
If this is causing some problem like pain or excessive bleeding then removal of uterus is best option. If there are no symptoms then you can try Ayurvedic medicine dashmoola arisht and kanchnar guggul for a month and get an other scan done. If symptoms increase or are static go for surgery if they recede continue with treatment.
Answered: Wed, 9 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor