What causes severe back pain post a gallbladder removal surgery?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My wife is having side and back pain sometimes mild to severe she had her gallbladder out 9 months ago not sure what could be causing it. she also started birth control in September
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
many possible reasons as calculus in urinary system,muscular or others.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* There are different possibilities for this pain as calculus in the urinary system ,
muscular ache & others .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Pain - exact site including which side and which portion of back , type ,
radiation if anywhere , aggravating , relieving factors .
2. Associated nausea , vomiting .
3. Any alteration in urination , menstruation .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D