Is pregnancy possible after unprotected intercourse on the 10th day of menstrual cycle?

Question
I started menstruation last Saturday but had unprotected sex today, can I get pregnant since this is also my first menstruation after child birth?
Mon, 7 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is almost very low chance.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As this is your third day of period and I believe you are still menstruating the chances of pregnancy are very very low but yes,there is nothing 100% because if your ovulation occurs early it may cause pregnancy.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible after unprotected intercourse on the 10th day of menstrual cycle? 3 hours later
I meant last week Saturday that is 25th of November, 2017

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very high chance of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
This is your 10 th day of menstrual cycle, so the chances of pregnancy very high,took I pill to prevent pregnancy.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible after unprotected intercourse on the 10th day of menstrual cycle? 4 minutes later
Can I still breastfeed if I take any pill to prevent pregnancy since I am still breastfeeding. What type of pill can I buy which will be save?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can take pill.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
You can take I pill which contains progesterone, it is safe during breastfeeding also.
Hope found useful.
Good luck

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible after unprotected intercourse on the 10th day of menstrual cycle? 12 hours later
Is Levonelle 1500 microgram tablet levonorgestrel safe for my baby. I just close from after taking it in the morning. Can I breastfeed him or I should pump it out?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can breast feed him.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
It is absolutely safe for your baby,so you can breast feed your baby, there is no need to pump out your milk.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.