Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to diagnose endometriosis through trans-vaginal scan only?

is it possible to diagnose endometriosis by a transvaginal scan only? and what is the difference between a endometritic cyst and a simple ovarian cyst? as i have been diagnosed with two right ovarian cyst of 2.5x2.5 cm with calcification inside and another with 1.6x1.6 cm. my ovary volume is 24.6cc. is it a simple cyst or is it confirmed that is endometriotic cyst?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
hi.It is not possible to diagnose endometriotic cyst by endovaginal scan only. It is a hitological diagnosis. Your cysts of this size seem to be simple cyst only , also called functional cysts.However, the ovarian vol. does not match with the size of the cyst. Consult with your dr. and you can be kept on follow up and review.
However, confirmatory diagnosis of endometriotic cyst is by Laparoscopy and Histopathology.
Answered: Fri, 21 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor