What causes cramping and continuous periods while on Depo-Provera or Mirena IUD?
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It sounds like she has severe endometriosis.
She can consider Lupride ( leuprolide ) shot or danazol oral medication.
Alternatively, Seasonale birth control that would have her menstruate only once in 3 months is a good option.
Please provide me with her medical history records and imaging details so that I can assess the severity of her condition.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for the details.
I am still not clear whether she has a diagnosis of Endometriosis or not.
There were no adhesions, but was it diagnosed as Endometriosis?
If not what is her diagnosis post the CT, imaging and the surgery?
From what you tell me, the Nuvaring and Mirena have not suited her.
Is the Mirena out?
Has she remained absolutely hormone free recently to see how bad her symptoms are?
And yes, if there is no obvious pathology, this could be plain puberty menorrhagia which will settle down.
Has she been investigated for associated possibly contributory medical conditions such as diabetes, hypothyroidism,anemia, bleeding disorders?
A hormone free interval with just plain tranexamic acid to control heavy bleeding should be tried in there is no identifiable pathology.
Waiting to here more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On depo provera frequent periods was it a miscarriage
- Depo provera cause death
- Depo-provera long period
- Depo provera causes gingivitis
- Depo-provera and no period
- Light period on depo provera
- No period after depo-provera
- Depo provera cause dehydration
- Periods after depo-provera
- Brown period while on depo provera
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?