Suggest treatment for severe menstrual cramps

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats profusely, turns white and freezing. I just witnessed this last night. How soon do I need to get her to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endometriosis likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Severe pain during periods to such an extent is suggestive of endometriosis..
Endometriosis causes severe pain during periods and infertility.
She should consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination, investigations including ultrasound and MRI and further treatment should be done as soon as possible to relieve the symptoms.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 12 minutes later
Thank you for your reply and concern.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me anytime by asking a direct question to me on this portal.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad