Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe menstrual cramps

Mar 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4822 Questions
My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats profusely, turns white and freezing. I just witnessed this last night. How soon do I need to get her to the doctor?
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Endometriosis likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Severe pain during periods to such an extent is suggestive of endometriosis..
Endometriosis causes severe pain during periods and infertility.
She should consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination, investigations including ultrasound and MRI and further treatment should be done as soon as possible to relieve the symptoms.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe menstrual cramps 12 minutes later
Thank you for your reply and concern.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me anytime by asking a direct question to me on this portal.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor