Is it ok to be on paargaurd IUD while having autoimmune disease?

I'm a 26 year old who had a baby 1 year ago. Six months ago I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Post-Partem Thyroiditis, and am now on Synthroid. Is is ok to get the Paragaurd IUD when one has an autoimmune disease such as Hashimoto's?

thank you,

r
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

It is completely safe to have IUD implanted with a history of autoimmune thyroiditis. There is nothing to be worried about.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician