1. You need to undergo a Plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses
) on a high resolution multi-slice CT Scan machine to figure out the present condition of your nose and sinuses as a result of your longstanding disease.
2. Please do the above plain CT Scan when you are feeling blocked/ obstructed/ suffocated.
3. On the new CT Scanners, it takes a minute or two only. Then immediately use a fresh pack of Otrivin
nasal drops and repeat a post-decongestion plain CT PNS after 8 - 10 min (after you feel relief). The charges should be for one scan only.
4. Get A CD/DVD of this plain CT Scan.Then share the images on a free file sharing site such as www.filesanywhere.com and send me an official link via this website.
5. Depending upon the findings, sinus and nasal disease can be effectively treated by medication, FESS surgery and newer options like Radio-Frequency Ablation of Turbinates.
6. You seem to be also suffering from Rhinitis Medicamentosa
due to frequent use of Otrivin nasal decongestant drops. In the meantime you may try steam inhalation, mucolytics, an anti allergic combination with montelukast
and a nasal steroid
spray under medical supervision.
7. Sometimes the poor ventilation of nose and sinuses causes polyps and fungal infection
which does not respond to antibiotics and causes thick nasal discharge.
8. Many a times, chronic stress triggers off the nasal congestion
which ultimately leads to symptoms such as your over many years.