Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

what is the proper treatment for clogged ears ?

what is the proper treatment for clogged ears after being treated with antibiotics? 51 years old/ female / hypertension I am in treatment with antibiotics for ear/ sinus infection and my ears are clogged. what is the proper treatment?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  564
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Saraiortiz,
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum...
Clogged ear commonly occurs due to fluid collection in the middle ear. This occurs due to infection. The fluid collection gets absorded spontaneously and gradually as the infection is being treated and thereby clogged ear gets resolved slowly. This happens on most occasions. Antihistamine drugs, valsalva manoeuver (blowing your mouth with closed lips, chewing a gum) will help in aiding recovery.
Occasionally, symptoms continue to persist chronically. In such circumstances, surgical treatment either by myringotomy or gromet insertion is required...
Follow up with an ENT surgeon is essential...
Avoid inserting a foreign body into the ears and use ear drops only if recommended by a doctor...
Hope this was useful....
Answered: Wed, 12 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor