Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from bacterial pensis thrush, i have applied bactroban ointment it works temporarily.Are there any antibiotic pill for it ?

Hi. I am 28 years old male and suffering from bacterial penis thrush. I have applied bactroban ointment but it works only temporarily. The infection resurfaces as soon as I miss a day. Are there any oral antibiotic pills that i need to take to get rid of the infection once and for all?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  813
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Bactroban is an ANTI-BACTERIAL and will not cure yeast infection. You will need to apply anti-fungals like Clotrimazole. There are Fluconazole tablets which can be taken orally. Consult your Dermatologist regarding various options available.
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor