Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

How to reduce weight in PCOS ?

doc i am 22 yrs girl...m really really in a weight is 60 kgs and my height is 157 cms.....doc my lower body is very heavy...i want to reduce weight, but instead i am gaining weight everyday..i skip rope 2000 times daily, but i am noy able to reduce a single pound..iam also suffering from Polycystic ovaries syndrome... doc please help me to reduce weight and pleaseee please answer my following questions----- can i drink 5 litres of water perday to reduce weight...i drink 2.5 ltrs now...will 5 ltres be harmful or healthy????? and secondly i sit for whole that reason for my weight gain...if i stang for 3-4 hrs in between , will it reduce my weight?????? please answer these questions......please doctor ........
Asked On : Wed, 16 Nov 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  624
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
PCOS is one of the reasons as to why you are gaining weight , i'd suggest you to get yourself treated for that so as to keep your hormones in check, with that being said you can do a lot in your diet. Skipping is a great exercise keep doing that if possible everyday, now coming to the diet everyone tells you " eat less fat well true to a certain extent but more than the fats its the carbs that cause the problem cut short on your carbohydrate intake , try and eat 4-5 small meals throught out the day this will help you boost your metabolism.
Avoid all sorts of processed foods such as potato chips, chocolates, fast food etc, and its good to know that you keep yourself hydrated, drink green tea regulary it helps you burn fat. Follow the above mentioned diet and exercise regimen u should lose 2-3 kilos every 10 days.
Thank you and take care
Answered: Fri, 4 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum

PCOS-polycystic ovary is very common condition and weight gain is part of it
you need to take medicine for it regularly and keep your hormones in balance
this is the only way you can control your weight
drinking more water is neither good nor worse
better to control fat in diet
i hope i answered your question
Answered: Wed, 16 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most common female endocrine disorders. it is thought to be one of the leading causes of female subfertility. The principal features are anovulation, resulting in irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, ovulation-related infertility, and polycystic ovaries; excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones, resulting in acne and hirsutism; and insulin resistance, often associated with obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol levels. I advice you to consult OBG specialist for PCOD treatment. Obesity is due to PCOD.

Also you can try meeting dietician, to control your obesity. Even only dieting will not be enough you have to exercise to reduce your weight.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further queries.

Answered: Thu, 17 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.The most important treatment for you is good amount of regular exercises and reduction of your weight.Even if you take all the proper medicines and don't reduce weight your treatment will fail.If you are not able to control your weight yourself,as you said,you must take services of a professional dietician to reduce weight.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Thu, 17 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. K. P. V. Rao's  Response
Dear Muskaan,
Your problem of increasing weight and PCOD--both are interrelated.First of all,you need to consult a good gynacologist for polycystic ovaries and follow his/her treatment sincerely.Secondly,driking water in excess is not going to help--you may suffer from overhydration,so drink water only when you are thirsty.Thirdly,eat a balanced diet with less oily food and more of salads with halfboiled sprouts like moong[you can skip one principle meal,if possible].Fourthly,go for brisk walk daily for at least 35 to 45 minuted a day and have Cap.Harty twice daily.Continue skipping.
Hope you achieve your goal.
Answered: Thu, 17 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
PCOS is a syndrome that is becoming ommon nowadays in young females.As its name dnotes,it is characterized by multiple cysts in ovary.The cysts cause hormonal imbalances in the body.As a result various complaints like obesity,male pattern hair growth,pimples,diabetes melitus are seen.
So i advie you to take care of your diet and to do regular exercise.
Ayurveda medicines have proven good result in such conditions.Contact an ayurveda doctor in your area to know more.Ayurveda medicines can also control weight gain
Answered: Thu, 17 Nov 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor