How much ghee should be a part of one's daily diet?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question: How much ghee is good in a day if I have normal health reports
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
15 grams a day.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query dear.
15 gram of cow ghee per day is good for health.
Ghee consist of saturated fats therefore more then 15 gram of ghee should be avoided.
One table spoon three times a day is a safe quantity.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rishu Saxena 33 minutes later
Hi doctor, can you tell me more about the good effects of cow ghee, and any good brands for cow ghee
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up,

Ghee possesses butyric acid, which is one of the most beneficial short-chain fatty acids that the body needs.butyric acid, perhaps the most important element in ghee, has also been linked to the stimulation of t-cell production, which are the heavy-hitting cells of the immune system.
Ghee is rich in Fat Soluble Vitamins A, D and E.
Ghee Contains CLA.CLA help to reduce fat in body.
Ghee is rich in healthy fats and essential amino acids which aid in weight loss.
The rich variety of fats in ghee can also provide a healthy boost to the heart. Omega-3 fatty acids can help decrease your levels of unhealthy cholesterol and provide an energetic balance to your fat intake.
XXXXXXX and Amul ghee are good brands.

Thanks!