Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Having pelvic pain. Report said collapsed follicles. Normal period. Do i need an another ultrasound?

hi, since early childhood i have experience left pelvic pain where i experience pain standing or sitting, sexual intercourse can be painful, pain in left pelvic area during urinating or with wind pains, my periods are regualar and i have not been on the pill for over 2 years . This pain can last all day and be gone the next day but keeps reappearing. i recently underwent a pelvic examination , also a vagina examinatiion and the results was a 20mm thickening of the lining and collapsed follicles, would any of these cause the pelvic pain. i now have been told to have another ultrasound the day after my next period finishes to check the thickness of the lining, what are they looking for or looking at?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hello.Welcome to healthcare Magic.
Thanks for the query.
Yes the reason for your pelvic pain i suggest is endometrial thickening.
The incidence of pelvic pain by endometriosis is 1:3.
And in such cases sonography and imaging is done to find the stages of thickening and the methodology for treatment adopted,
which may be
Harmonal and drug induced treatment in mild stages of endometriosis .
Surgical method in advanced severe cases of endometriosis.
Endometriosis a gynecological medical condition in which the recurrent pelvic pain is the major symptom and in your case the thickening of endometrium is 20 mm and follicular collapsing .So i would suggest for ultrasound and further treatment shall be done.
Hope good health for you.
Feel free to ask for further advice.
Many Thanks,
Dr Shilpi Gupta
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor