Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have tremors in head when anxious. Medication?

i am a 20yr old person i am having tremors in my head when i am very anxious sometimes it even comes out of the blue of late it happens often it is very severe that my head starts to shake i dont know what to do i am very embarassed about that if this continues i cant lead a social life should i consult a doctor if which doctor should i consult or what medication can i take pls reply me u can save my life...pls
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Answers:  5 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic..
I have gone through your available hisotry. You are having anxiety disorder.
You should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and treatment.
Doctor may prescribe anti depressant drugs having anti-anxiety properties like peroxetine and cloazepam or alprazolam.
You should also rule out the physical causes of tremors like thyroid imbalance or neurological disturbances and vitamine B12 deficiency.
You should avoid taking alcohol if any.
Meanwhile you can also start relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation or self relaxation.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your given history in detail.
From your description it appears that you are having an anxiety disorder like panic disorder. However the final diagnosis can be commented on only after a detailed mental state examination. you should see a psychiatrist.
There are two types of treatment available, medications and cognitive behavioural therapy.
Among the medications. paroxetine and escitalopram are good drugs available. Clonazepam and propranolol are also good drugs. Along with the medications, also ask your psychiatrist to enroll you in some talk therapy.
All said, you will also benefit with exercise and good diet.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms, it appears that you are suffering from an anxiety disorder, probably with panic attacks. Now, the first step in management of this problem is a detailed evaluation. This will include certain tests to rule out any possible medical conditions which could be causing this problem. You will also need a detailed psychological assessment in order to pin point the diagnosis correctly.

So, please consult a psychiatrist for further evaluation and treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication and psychotherapy, which will help you overcome your problems.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

As per your details, you are possibly having underlying anxiety disorder However, you need to evaluate yourself from a general practitioner once to rule out any other medical cause . After that, consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Following treatment strategies would be helpful-

1) Antidepressants/antianxiety agents like SSRIs (escitalopram, sertarline, paroxetine etc)
2) Antianxiety agents like clonazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam etc
3) Psychotherapy/ Counselling sessions
4) Relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing etc

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This presentation and age is very suggestive of Anxiety.
You should see a Psychiatrist - Anti-depressants, Anxiolytic agents and counselling will relieve..
If they exclude, then Neurologic consultation will be necessary...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor