What causes heaviness of the head and difficulty sleeping?
Need more information and possible differential diagnosis
Hi Cxxxxxxx, thanks for asking from HCM.
I can understand your concern. The heaviness of head could be due to so many reasons, like
- Lack of sleep - As you mentioned, you have slept for 3 hours only. That means you are sleep deprived. It can cause heaviness of head, burning sensation and redness in eyes.
- Tension or stress headache - You are working person. You might be using laptop/mobile/computer daily for many hours. It can cause fatigue of eyes and heaviness in head along with stress/tension headache.
- Eye disease like refractive error or blurred vision
- Mental stress (work/life related) causing it. Sometimes even depression or anxiety-panic attack can manifest similarly. It usually presents with excessive negative thoughts, lack of sleep, lack of interest, decreased appetite.
So you can note, there are multiple causes of heaviness of head. I need more information about your complaint to conclude something. Only after that I can advise you how to approach it
- Is there any history of regular lack of sleep?
- Is there any history of mental stress (work or office related)?
- Is there any history of too much negative thoughts, lack of interest, avoiding people?
- Is there any history of visual blurring, burning sensations in eyes?
- I there any history of allergy, postnasal discharge, nasal blockade?
Hope you will understand my point. If you have any doubt, do let me know.
Till then, for relief, you can
- Take a good nap of around 6-7 hours
- Give rest to your eyes. So avoid bright light. Wash them with cold water.
- After waking up, indulge yourself in light extra-curricular activities like some sports. It will relieve work related mental stress.
- Drink plenty of water (around 3 litre) and eat good diet.
Thanks. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of heavy headed
- Causes of heavy head
- What causes grinding noise in head while sleeping
- What causes heaviness in heart and pressure in head
- Chronic head heaviness causes
- What causes breathing difficulties interfering with sleep
- Heavy sleeping what causes this in old age
- Causes of neck and head heaviness
- What causes vibration sensation on thigh and heaviness in head
- What causes delay in periods and heaviness in the head
- What causes feeling of fluid rushing from throat to base of spine?
- Suggest remedies for migraine headache for a thyroid patient
- What do my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What causes lower back pain while on bladder control product?
- Is there a nerve in back that would cause numbness in foot?
- What causes sharp pain in back of head and neck?
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for side effects of Depakote
- Does intake of Dart help in treating headache?
- What causes tingling and pain in hands and feet?