What causes chills after removal of precancerous spots?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My husband had precancerous spot s removed 2 days ago since then he is experiencing chills and low blood pressure along with sweats visited Dr the emergency room that day but was cleared to go home Right now he is chilled again and very nervous
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
Please check his temperature with a clinical thermometer when he is experiencing the chills. If it is high, he needs to be investigated for an infection.
If the temperature is normal, it is possible that he is having a panic attack and he should be reassured. If he has a fast heart rate and trembling, it would suggest a heightened sympathetic nervous system activity and can be reduced with a small dose of 10mg of Inderal twice a day if he does not have any other medical problem or asthma.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.