Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have pain in ear and sinus drainage. Had blew nose and ear popped. Home remedies?

I am a 41 yr old woman and am having pain in my right ear. I have been having some sinus drainage the last couple of days and when i blew my nose this morning my ear popped and started to burn . the burning has stopped but it feels stopped up and is throbbing and in pain. is there anything i can do to avoid going to the doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome in H.C.M. For consultation.
I have gone through your query regarding popping of your right ear after blowing of your nose, and you are already suffering from sinusitis.
Since you are having sinusitis therefore infected discharge of sinuses goes to throat from nose, in this way sore throat develops and as you were blowing your nose this infection forcibly entered your ear via Eustachian tube thus your ear gets blocked ad you feel popping.
as far as treatment is concern as home remedy you should try steam inhalation. If you are not benifitted by steam inhalation than with consent of your doctor you may take Antibiotics, anti inflammatory, Decongestant drugs. If it remains untreated you may land in complications like otitis media.
I hope your query is now explained well.
With Regards.
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor