Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Had protected sex. Having cramps, nausea. Pregnant?

Hi , I m 16 and I am 2 almost 3 days late on my period. Last time I had sex was a month ago protected. I get indigestion or chest pains mildly cramps in my stomach and I feel a little nauseous sometimes and I don t pee a lot only today. I do take a lot of pills Advil pm Tylenol and pm bair aspirin and I m over weight could that be stoping my period I m like 160- or a little more i do eat alot of anything but thats normal or am I pregnant?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

BASED from the information provided you had a sex but used protection and that too one month ago put you in the REALM OF "NO- PREGNANCY"

Here are things that can lead to delay the menstrual cycle.
1) STRESS OR Over-exercise
3) Significant weight gain or loss
4) Excessive alcohol use / SMOKING,
5) Poor nutrition (or a diet too high in carbohydrates)
6) PCOS.

Let explain about ovulation and pregnancy
The process know as "OVULATION" is when the female egg releases from OVARY, this occurs roughly between the 14 th -19 th day after the menstrual cycle (end of bleeding ), pregnancy means the meet in of the man's SPERM to the female's OVA- both have half genes which need to get together in order to form a complete structure, so the best possibility for the pregnancy is if the intercourse has occurred during those five days, other time their is no OVA present to meet the sperms hence no possibility of getting pregnant

1) IF you don't get period with in next 5 day , Just to be on safe side please take URINE PREGNANCY KIT TEST- Its just stick where you have to urinate on that and its available over the counter and not doctor consultation in needed for doing the test, just follow the direction in test kit.

2) Being over weight do NOT STOP PERIOD - but still being obese in not good for health so please try to cut down food , or replace some with salads and do exercise.

3)May need a CONSULT FROM OB/GYN in case repeated irregular cycles.

Hope it helps
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor