Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Had a bad experience with a guy and continues to devastate me. Normal?

I'm 37 yrs old single never married no children. For the past 20yrs i have been dealing with numerous bad experiences w/men and dating. my first intimate exper. w/a guy at age 17 was horrible and continues to devastate me till today. don't know how to handle it. i go through months w/out dating and engaging in intimacy. lately when i think i'm excited and wanting to act on it i think of the past exper. and i'm instantly turned off. i have seen several therapists but did not find it helpful it just re-hashed the trauma
is it normal to feel this way after so long? lots of night i think about what i have exper. and just burst into tears.
Asked On : Sat, 18 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

I think the past trauma has been transformed into traumatic stress disorder. You should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and to rule out other causes like depression.

Doctor may advise you to have some drug treatment in addition to psychotherapy.

You may also get benefit by yoga or relaxation techniques like breathing exercise.

Answered: Mon, 20 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor