Diagnosed with mononucleosis. Blood test shows high liver enzymes. Due to alcohol intake?

I wa diagnosed with mononucleosis 3 months ago. And it lasted about 2.5 months. My doctor did a blood test about a month ago and pronounced me healthy. But she said my liver enzymes were elevated and that she wanted to take blood again in 3 weeks. Since saying that I ve been to see her and she took more blood. She says that my enzymes are still elevated. What does this mean? Why haven t they gone down? And what is the effect of alcohol on the liver when my enzymes are elevated?
Fri, 4 Jan 2013