Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with Endometrium Hypertrophied. Did D&C. How to regulate period after this?

Hi, Last month my periods continued for 15 days with heavy bleeding and clottings. I have been diagnosed with endometrium hypertrophied. I got done my D&C and Cervical Biopsy . The size of my endometrium echocompled as per ultrasound report was 19mm approx whereas at the time of D&C it was around 9-1/2cm as per report of my surgeon.. Reports of cervical biopsy reveal hyperplasia of squamous epethelium with koilocytic change. There is chronic papillary cervicitis. There is no evidence of dysplasia or malignancy in the material provided. Currettings reveal cystic hyperplasia of endmetrium. There is no evidence of inflammation, atypia or malignancy. Now, since periods are over after D&C. What is the solution that my periods become normal.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Cystic hyperplasia occurs due to hormonal imbalance leading to thikened endometrium on usg and heavy bleeding.
As you are having heavy bleeding with thickened endometrium and curreting showing cystic hyperplasia, you will need treatment with progesterone preparations.
You need to consult doctor with the biopsy report for further treatment.
Hope this information is useful to you.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor