What do these lab reports indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My father is 70 years old and has been detected with "out of bound reports" for some of the Tests related to Kidney. Attached are prescriptions and reports. I need your guidance on how to proceed further. Here are some artifacts:
1. He underwent Cataract Surgery on 27th Nov
2. He is Diabetic and undergoes regular medications
3. Due to Diabetes, his diet is restricted for multiple items.

Looking ahead for your guidance and thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your father has Diabetic Nephropathy

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,

Based on the facts and relevant reports that you have uploaded your father seems to have Diabetic Nephropathy which is known complication of long standing Diabetes.

However though his EGFR and Protein creatinine ratio are alarming Chronic Kidney Paranchymal disease his serum creatinine levels are reasonably within acceptable range considering his Diabetes since may years .

In view of his age being 77 years I would prefer to treat him on the lines as he is being treated now and will not go for Kidney biopsy which will not help us more as far as treatment is concerned .

Continue the treatment he is being suggested now and monitor his diabetes and renal function at frequent intervals by doing relevant blood tests .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 13 hours later
Thankyou Dr XXXXXXX for your response.

What diet you suggest my father should follow. Should he completely stop taking proteins? Please suggest.

I have attached two prescriptions in the attachment. Currently he is taking Dr. XXXXXXX Panigrahi medicine's.

Dr. Venkateshwara XXXXXXX has also suggested some different medicines, whom we went for second consultation.

Please suggest on the medicine's too.

Thanks and Regards,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid high protein diet

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Take medicines suggested by Dr Panigrahi .

Avoid high protein diet like meat,eggs,milk products etc Take green vegetables,spouted cereals ,curd etc

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil