What do these lab reports indicate?
1. He underwent Cataract Surgery on 27th Nov
2. He is Diabetic and undergoes regular medications
3. Due to Diabetes, his diet is restricted for multiple items.
Looking ahead for your guidance and thanks in advance.
Your father has Diabetic Nephropathy
Thanks for query ,
Based on the facts and relevant reports that you have uploaded your father seems to have Diabetic Nephropathy which is known complication of long standing Diabetes.
However though his EGFR and Protein creatinine ratio are alarming Chronic Kidney Paranchymal disease his serum creatinine levels are reasonably within acceptable range considering his Diabetes since may years .
In view of his age being 77 years I would prefer to treat him on the lines as he is being treated now and will not go for Kidney biopsy which will not help us more as far as treatment is concerned .
Continue the treatment he is being suggested now and monitor his diabetes and renal function at frequent intervals by doing relevant blood tests .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
What diet you suggest my father should follow. Should he completely stop taking proteins? Please suggest.
I have attached two prescriptions in the attachment. Currently he is taking Dr. XXXXXXX Panigrahi medicine's.
Dr. Venkateshwara XXXXXXX has also suggested some different medicines, whom we went for second consultation.
Please suggest on the medicine's too.
Thanks and Regards,
Avoid high protein diet
Thanks for follow up .
Take medicines suggested by Dr Panigrahi .
Avoid high protein diet like meat,eggs,milk products etc Take green vegetables,spouted cereals ,curd etc
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does thyroid lab report indicate to have hypothyroidism
- What does the lab reports mean
- What does occ in lab reports mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Does the lab report indicate celiac disease
- If a get on my lab report hepatitis a reactive what is that
- What does the lab report for fever and diarrhea mean
- What does dl mean on lab reports
- What does hdlc mean on a lab report
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?