Is Peripheral Edema A Sign Of Renal Or Cardiovascular Diseases?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
If you don't have breathlessness on exercise or when lying down, the cause of your edema is less likely to be due to a congestive heart failure. You can get a urine examination and serum creatinine done in any lab and it is not expensive.
For the present, reduce your salt and fluid intake and use 40 mg of Lasix in the morning.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dopamine through peripheral
- Elevated liver enzymes swelling peripheral
- Watery vision in peripheral
- Bulky ovary multiple follicles not all peripheral
- White spot flash in peripheral
- Eyelid twitch and peripheral
- White matter lessions in the peripheral
- Ovaries bulky with multiple peripheral
- Multiple small follicles seen in the peripheral