Is peripheral edema a sign of renal or cardiovascular diseases?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
If you don't have breathlessness on exercise or when lying down, the cause of your edema is less likely to be due to a congestive heart failure. You can get a urine examination and serum creatinine done in any lab and it is not expensive.
For the present, reduce your salt and fluid intake and use 40 mg of Lasix in the morning.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Peripheral edema
- Peripheral edema causes
- Peripheral edema inflamed coccyx
- Peripheral edema on lung cancer
- Peripheral edema in pregnancy
- Peripheral edema with bolli
- Peripheral edema in heart failure
- Diagnosis of Peripheral edema
- Exercise-induced peripheral edema
- Treatment and cure for Peripheral edema
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?