How to treat the chronic inflammation of the vulva?

I have been suffering with chronic inflamation of the vulva for about a year and a half now. A vulval biopsy has been done to confirm this outcome.I have been suffering with chronic inflamation of the vulva for about a year and a half now. A vulval biopsy has been done to confirm this outcome.
Wed, 9 Jun 2021

Common causes of inflammation of the vulva is allergic reactions to chemicals used laundry detergent, vaginal sprays, toilet papers, harsh soaps, bubble baths, spermicides, or sanitary pads. Infections also cause similar symptoms like yeast infections, herpes & scabies, dermatitis, vulvar cancer, etc. You are suggested to get clinically examined by a gynecologist, get tests, investigations done at the earliest.

Vaginitis also causes inflammation of the vagina/ vulva that can result in discharge, itching and pain. This is due to hormonal imbalance. Get treated. You can apply hydrocortisone, anti-fungal, and estrogen cream for relief. To ease discomfort you can take bath, apply cold compresses or calamine lotion on the area affected. You can wait for your vulvar biopsy to confirm diagnosis so that treatment can be started at the earliest.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician

Recent questions on Biopsy

Hello, Common causes of inflammation of the vulva is allergic reactions to chemicals used laundry detergent, vaginal sprays, toilet papers, harsh soaps, bubble baths, spermicides, or sanitary pads. Infections also cause similar symptoms like yeast infections, herpes & scabies, dermatitis, vulvar cancer, etc. You are suggested to get clinically examined by a gynecologist, get tests, investigations done at the earliest. Vaginitis also causes inflammation of the vagina/ vulva that can result in discharge, itching and pain. This is due to hormonal imbalance. Get treated. You can apply hydrocortisone, anti-fungal, and estrogen cream for relief. To ease discomfort you can take bath, apply cold compresses or calamine lotion on the area affected. You can wait for your vulvar biopsy to confirm diagnosis so that treatment can be started at the earliest. Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician