Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Continuous bleeding from uterus, tiredness. What treatment should I take to cure it?

Hi I m bleeding all the time from my uterus , this whole past month infact my Dr,just got me a OBGYN and there appointment isn t until next month. the problem is I m bleeding so much and I m feeling faint and very tired now and I m anemic very much so for quite sometime now, my heavy periods are now irregular and coming all the time. what medicines can they prescribe for me, and I can not take the pill any more they give me migraines, and make me very sick, I m 42, and have children do not intend on having anymore. my lifestyle is being hindered by all this profuse bleeding, my qualitiy of life, is being put on hold. all from this abnormal bleeding. help me with some suggestions. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Your symptoms are suggestive of hormone imbalance, probably of peri-menopausal origin, considering your age. Once you see a specialist, you will have a complete clinical evaluation, blood counts including coagulation profiles, urinalysis, sonogram of the pelvis preferably in the trans-vaginal route to assess the status of the pelvic organs and a hormone profile. Hormone supplements along with styptics are most often given when no organic cause is found, but, since you are sensitive to hormones, endometrial ablation may be a better alternative. Please take iron supplements and good protein diet to alleviate anemia. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 30 Nov 2015
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nishikant Shrotri's  Response
Jan 2016
Dear Madam,

Please do not ignore such bleeding at this age. You have to undergo thorough investigations to identify the cause. Please undergo:

1. Ultrasonography to find out the thickness of the uterine lining (endometrium) and any tumour present in the uterus.
2. Study of the endometrium under microscope. The sample may be taken by hysteroscopy, hysteromicroscopy or dilatation and curettage.
3. If indicated in ultrasonography, you might require laparoscopy also.

Can you not find a way to consult a Gynaecologist earlier? Otherwise you may report to Emergency Room.

Till that, you have to take care of the bleeding and anaemia. While you are continuously bleeding, iron and proteins will not replenish the blood loss, however they can minimize the rate of anaemia and effect of blood loss. Please take iron and protein.

You may request your doctor to prescribe medicines like high Oestrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone EACA, Gynae CVP and some other medicines which can stop bleeding.

You may have fibroid like tumour, or thick endometrium. Possibility of cancer of endometrium should be kept in mind.

Please find some way for action ASAP.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
Answered: Thu, 21 Jan 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor