Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Can you please tell me how to control blood pressure ?

I am 43 ,about 99kgs weight,height 5feet6inches,B.P.is180/110,pl.suggest medicine and how to control BP.. ?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Your BP is very high and you are obese by about 35kg according to your height (BMI 35 ). You need to :
1 Reduce your wt to about70 Kg
2 Reduce salt intake to the minimum.
3 perform regular exercises
4 Take drugs (e.g. Amilodipine + Losartan potassium + low dose Aspirin )
5 Measure your BP regularly.
I do'nt want to scare you, but I think in addition to the above measures
you need to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Hi, Are you having a family history of Hypertension?
Is your blood pressure always remains high?
Thorough investigations are necessary.
Apart from the medicine for hypertension, you must restrict your diet, do lot of exercise, daily walking at least 5 kms.
Eat more of green vegetables, salads without salt. Restrict salt, oils, ghee. butter, cheese and fast foods.
Do relaxation exercises also.
All these measures will help you a lot.
It will also decrease the dose of antihypertensive medicine.
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello, Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
You seem to have HTN. but is it always ur BP is raised?
at present if u can, then i would suggest you to take homoeopathic medicine Rauwolfia serpentina tincture (Q) 8-10 drops in 1/2 glass of water to immediately get your BP to normal. then get ur BP monitored for a week daily at fixed time and note it down to get a fair idea of ur regular BP value.
also u should take a salt restricted diet with no added salt in rice or salad or fruits or juices. instead opt for kala namak in fruits or buttermilk as it is high in potassium.
A light exercise and yoga and meditation under an expert guidance will surely help u maintain ur BP. u must consult a physician nearby for your BP if it is constantly high who will then carry out few investigations (if necessary) and give the adquate medication. for a detailed diet for high BP, contact: Dr. Rooma Ramnani,
take care.
Dr. Rooma Ramnani.
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor