Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Breastfeeding. Not yet started menstrual periods. Having vaginal discharge. What could it be?

I think i have a yeast infection . The discharge really isn t coming out but i checked with my finger and there is this thick layer like beige stuff. Not like cottage cheese at all. I had a baby back in may and i breastfeed and still havent started my menstrual cycle. Could this have something to do with that or is it a yeast infection?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Excess estrogen levels in the body can cause a thick vaginal secretion. If you have a vaginal infection, you would be having some symptoms like pain or itching or sloughing. If you are still feeding your baby and not on any contraception, you should also exclude pregnancy. See your doctor for a local examination and get treated. Maintain personal hygiene. Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor