What causes vaginal irritation during urination?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 10 weeks pregnant. I was on susten 400mg vaginal suppositries for the past 2 months. I am having vaginal burning, inflammation and itchiness. It burns specially after passing urine. Kindly suggest what to do?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to Vaginitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Your symptoms are suggested of Vaginitis either due to fungal and bacterial infection .
You can apply ointment (antifungal) after consulting your treating doctor.
Keep the area dry and clean.( clean with Betadine liquid)
Use cotton undergarments.
You should get your urine routine /microscopic examination and culture and sensitivity test.
You should drink a lot of water.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad