What causes an itchy blister on the vagina?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi a few weeks ago the outside of my vagina was really itchy, so I scratched it and then I noticed there was some blood. So I thought I burst a spot or something. Now that area looks like a blister but without the bubble on top it’s the same colour as my flesh. It sometimes forms a white crust? And gets itchy. Should I be worried.

I’ve been with the same partner for 4 years.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Your symptoms are suggested of Vaginitis caused by fungal and bacterial infection.
You can take antifungal and antibiotics to treat it.
Keep the area dry and clean.
Use cotton undergarments.
Use Betadine to wash the area.
If infection is persistent than get your paps smear and STD testing.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.