Does vaginitis cause frequent urination?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I don't believe I have an STD, recently, my vagina (don't know the proper term) but where my hole is had a lot of irritation, when I woke it hurts or when I pee it then burns and I have to XXXXXXX it with toilet paper to reduce the pain, no odor, no itching, frequent urination. I've had an STD before so I know but me and my bf recently got testes and so on, I believe it could be from soap or having sex when it happened,
I'm also getting off my depot shot so I'm on my menstrual ALOT and I think the pads are making it worse, the last couple of days I've been using water to wash down the and cotton underwear what is it? and whay over the counter brand do I need to get now!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Vaginitis (fungal and bacterial)

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Your symptoms are suggested of Vaginitis due to fungal or bacterial infection.( as you were on depot shot,hormone may also cause fungal infection).
You should use canestene V6 vaginal passerries after consulting with your treating doctor.
Clean the area with Betadine.
Keep the area dry and clean.
Use cotton undergarments.
Use candid b cream for local application.
Get your paps smear if persistent infection.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 hours later
is that a brand or can I pick up monistat or azo
Brief Answer:
You can take moistat also.

Detailed Answer:
You can take monistat also.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 minutes later
thank you so much I appreciate it! I bought equate and liners, 7 day, because I've had irritation for a week thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are always welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
You are always welcome and you can give your feedback if you found it useful before closing it.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 hours later
it eased it soooooo much I used the brand equate 7 day, I know you're supposed to take it at night, but it was that bad, still a little pain when wiping but the burning and discomfort set aside and it's slowly relieving but seriously thank you, I can't afford going to the hospital or seeing a doctor so paying $22 to be connected with you, panty liners and the antibiotics was great, thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are always welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your kind words.
You should continue with the treatment and you should keep the area dry and clean with Betadine.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 11 minutes later
I don't want to say goodbye move to fl!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
So do not say.

Detailed Answer:
Than do not say, I am always there to help you.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 18 hours later
Like don't clothes the thread!? great! so I applied my medication again And when I remove the tube there was a little chunk of blood on it that looked to break apart, I've been.off my depot so I've had strong menstrual days and light it's just been a faint color when I woke but only when I wipe it doesn't irritate or burn when I apply it or cause me extreme discomfort just mildly does that mean it's cleaning up!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is in cleaning process.

Detailed Answer:
Yes,it is in cleaning process as you were on depot,you should continue the use of the cream.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 25 hours later
It caused so much discomfort this morning applying it and I'm almost out of the 3 day. it was a little bothered last night and the bloods like completely out and I can see the discharge cloudy no distinct color
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Are you continuing the medicine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
As you are having so much of symptoms though you are on treatment.
So I want to know that are you taking your treatment continuously?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 13 minutes later
I am I need to get more but it was so painful and cause discomfort when I applied it this morning and I took off my underwear it's like a light yellow but the medicine was seeped in my liner also but there's no odor and no discomfort at the moment
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Are you having any sore area there.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
As it is so painful, are you having any sore area there.
As you are not having much itching and odor is also not there,it is a sign of healing.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 minutes later
I have 2 more follow up questions i paid 18 more so I could continue I'm not stopping with you until I'm healed lol and not sore just like putting peroxide on a cut it burns a little causes discomfort but goes away should I buy Mor cream
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can apply cream on regular basis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Yes,you can apply cream on regular basis, till it get healed properly and cleaning with Betadine is also effective.
For how long you are using this cream?
You took antifungal tablets also or not?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
I didn't i rather take tablets this cream is too much can I use azo what's an extreme one I could use that'll work fast?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
But it will not going to treat yeast infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
You can use it for your symptoms but it can not cure yeast and vaginal infection.
In my opinion you have to take antifungal tablets.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 17 minutes later
I just bought this from Walgreens
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can use it.

Detailed Answer:
Oh it contains miconazole,you can use it,it is very effective in treatment of fungal infection.
You should take whole 7 days treatment, if after treatment symptoms persist than we have to go for paps smear.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.