What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
I had my surgical abortion on may then i got 2 proper periods on time but the third period is 9 days late please help,i hv done the hcg test came negative , m finding a watery dicharge white plzz help
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Other causes of delayed periods

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
If the beta hCG levels are negative for pregnancy, then there are no chances of pregnancy.
Delayed periods can be due to causes other than pregnancy like hormonal disturbance like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or stress.
Watery discharge can be due to vaginal infection.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist for proper internal examination and hormonal levels estimation to confirm the diagnosis and get further treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN

Follow-up: What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test? 3 days later
I was advised to take deviry 10 mg twice a day for 5 days , is deviry used for inducing peroids??
And after how many days do i expect periods after taking deviry???does deviry is the cause of vaginal discharge???

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Deviry given to induce the periods

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Yes, deviry is given to induce the periods.
Periods can occur within 5-7 days of stopping the tablet.
No, deviry is unlikely to cause vaginal dicharge.
Dr Deepti Verma