Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Are chocolate cysts in ovary curable?

hi, i am 38years old and i have a son 10years old .now my doctor find chocolate cysts in my both overies can u suggest me that it is curable or nt if yes than how and after that i can concieve or not.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to the forum. It has been seen that women being treated for infertility have endometriosis ( chocolate cysts ). If you are planning for a second pregnancy do not get anxious. Consult a gynecologist and get properly treated. Once you are fine you can go for other treatments if you are not able to conceive.

Endometriosis treatment depends upon the symptoms that the patient presents with. If she has severe symptoms of pain, bleeding and a cyst larger than 3cms she needs to be operated and cysts have to be removed. If the cyst is small in size ( less than 3 cms ) and secretion of anti-mullerian hormone (AMH) is not much imbalanced, symptoms are mild, t may not be removed. The patient can be treated with medicines, she can visit her gynecologist for investigations and get treated.

It may take time, the patient should have patience and co-operate with the treating doctor. Have a nice day. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 6 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor