What causes sharp pain in the left side of the abdomen and vomiting?
Can be a serious cause as mentioned hence needs urgent diagnosis
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history about your 17 year old daughter and understood your concerns.
The pain that makes the patient wake up means is severe.
The commonest cause I can think about in 17 year old is one of the following:
Stone in the left ureter that go impacted.
Left twisted ovarian cyst.
I would advise her the following in such a situation:
Urgent clinical evaluation, Ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis, X-ray of the abdomen in standing position.
Tests of urine, stool and blood.
These will tell us the exact diagnosis and gives for plan of management as needed.
Are there any other symptoms other than pain and vomiting?
Any referred pain?
Any urinary or bowel symptoms?
Please give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sharp pain in left shoulder and chest
- What cause sharp pain underneath the left arm
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- What could cause sharp pain around abdomen
- What causes sharp pain in middle of left shoulder
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen
- What causes sharp pain in lower left side of stomach
- What causes sharp pain on the left side below naval
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull