question-icon

What does this PNS X-ray report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018
Question: Hello Sir/Mam,
My self XXXXXXX XXXX and i m 29 yrs old.I m accountant by profession.from last 1 yr i m suffering from Sinus problem.I DAILY FEEL PAIN IN MY FOREHEAD IN MORNING NEAR 11-12 AM. AND IT IS NOT SHARP PAIN.I FEEL PAIN IN MY FOREHEAD AND HEAD. Today My PNS XRAY IS DONE AND MY REPORT SAYS:
THERE IS THICKENING OF MUCOSA OF BOTH MAXILLARY SINUSES WITH NO EVIDENCE OF POLYP FORMATION OR OTHER ABNORMALITY.

IMPRESSION : BILATERAL MAXILLARY SINUSITIS.

PLS TELL ME WHAT MY REPORT SAYS,SOME THING IS WRONG.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Chronic sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The report says that you have sinusitis involving both the maxillary sinuses. The headache is probably due to nasal congestion caused by sinus infection.
It would be better to get a Ct scan paranasal sinuses done to see the condition of other sinuses as well. The management will depend on the report.
You should use nasal spray. That will help you with your symptoms.
Surgery for sinusitis can be done but the decision depends upon the Ct pictures.
Also get your refraction done.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist