Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

7 years old girl got a painful lump on the ear after the treatment of sinus infection with fever

My seven year old daughter was dx with bad sinus infection approx week ago and placed on ABT today she has developed a lump front of right ear with pain and also started running 101.2 temp in last few hours, do I need to take to er
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to health care magic
please visit to gud physician as soon as possible..all are normal symptoms..she need gud medication rest it is curable so no need to worry.
take care
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
  User's Response
Ty, she is on ABT for sinus infection, just kinda threw me off guard with sudden spike in temp
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Patel Jitendra's  Response
Some times sinus infection causes enlargement of its lymphnode which is situated in front of the ear. So, she may developed this lump in front of ear. Once sinus infection will be cured, lump will be disappeared. Regarding fever, if after antibiotic there is still high temperature, it suggests that this antibiotic is not working ( resistance).So, you can request your doctor to change the antibiotic. You have to also take anti-cold medicine , it will help in draining the infected fluid from the sinuses. Have a speedy recovery.
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor