Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What kind of doctor should I consult for chocolate cyst in left ovary?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
I have been diagnosed with chocolate cyst measuring 4.5x3 cms in the left ovary. The left ovary appears bulky measuring 6x3.2 cms. Please suggest will medication cure the cyst or will i have to go for surgery. Also which doctor in bangalore is recommended for this.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 26 hours later
Brief Answer: surgery is mainstay treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. The chocolate cyst of ovary is a type of endometriosis which is ectopic endometrium. It's size may vary according to the phase of menstruation cycle. The size of cyst in your case is pretty large so most likely most effective treatment will be surgical resection although you may give a trial to treatment with progesterone under supervision of an expert local gynecologist but chances of success are low. In some cases the cysts may degenerate over time I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor