What does this ultrasound report of liver indicate?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My lever ultrasound shows normal size coarse echotexture. No evidence of any focal hepatic lesion. The hepatic and portal veins are normal. No intrahepatic billary dilation. Gallblader is partially distended. The CBD is not dilated. The pancreas shows normal lobulations. There is no calcification or duct dilation. The spleen is normal in size. There is no focal lesion. The splenic vein is normal. Both kidneys are normal in shape and echo texture. There is no evidence of hydronephrosis, cortical scarring and calculus in either kidneys.

There is no ascities or adenopathy.

I am diabetic. My SGPT is 44.8 and SGOT is 39.6. Platelet Count is 1.47
Doctor has prescribed Ciplar LA 40 (one each day) and a multivitamin mega rich (one each day).
Can you please tell me about status of my lever. Will it be OK. I was occasional drinker which now completely stopped.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apparently normal except coarse echo texture

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

With the information you have provided I do not find any reason for anxiety, considering the fact that you have stopped Alcohol

DO go for a complete Liver Panel and get back to me with the same

Avoid alcohol for ever

Take the medicines you have been prescribed and nothing should deteriorate

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 days later
Thanks Doctor.
Will my lever become normal ? if yes how long does it takes.
Are the medicines given to me are sufficient or any additional medicine you would suggest. Any suggestions on food for early recovery ?
Lastly can I take alternative treatment like homeopathy etc.
Brief Answer:
Depends on the cause of coarse echo texture

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in again

It all depends on the cause of coarse echo texture, there are many causes of coarse echo texture on radiology some are reversible and some not

Avoid alcohol and continue the medicines prescribed
There should be no harm adding alternative medicines in expert hands

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern