What causes bruise like marks throughout the body?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What could be causing bruise like marks occurring on different parts of my body.? They look like black and blues marks as if I fell or bumped against something which I did not. They are found on my outer left thigh, my inner left thigh, under my left breast , my upper arms and back.
Several blood test were taken which showed nothing unusual. They are not painful but pop up on different places on my body. Any ideas of what is causing them. I did fall back in October and I have severe back pains. These have lasted since my fall. X-rays and a MRI showed nothing and physical therapy is not helping. Any ideals of what would cause these bruise like marks.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to the skin thinning out with increase in age

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. With increase in age the skin thins out and so the underlying bloodvessels become more fragile and subject to breakage on minimum pressure (which are a part of day to day activities). That could be the reason for the bruise marks. Nevertheless, I would insist you to upload an image of the affected areas. I would also insist you to upload the reports for the blood counts. I am looking for the platelet count (even though you have stated the reports to be normal).

I would await your response. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng