What causes recurrent cough and mild fever despite taking medication?
My daughter has having fever and cough few days ago. She prescibed with MoX and levolin, after that she was ok for 4 days and went to preschool. Now again she has cough and mild fever, another doc suggested to give her mucolite syrup and azitharal . Is it ok to give antibiotic again with 1 week gap. Do we need to take blook test for her? pls reply .. How can we know whether it is due to virus or bacteria?
Better to do a blood routine test and platelet cout also.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. As she is having mild fever and cough still the infection can be present. Mox doesn't cover bacteria like hemophilus influenza. So giving azithromycin (azithral) will be helpful which gives good coverage.
Better to do a blood routine investigation and platelet count. In case of bacterial infection leucocytrs and neutrophils will be raised.
In case of viral infections lymphocytes can be raised. If hemorrhagic fevers then platelet count can be low.
Giving vitamin C , warm fluids and mucolytics are good.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes enlarged tonsil cough fever inspite of taking cefixim
- Drugs/medication for recurrent fever
- Need medication for cold cough and fever
- What causes uti with high fever and coughing
- What causes recurrent fever in children
- Cough/fever causes
- Having fever cough taking panadol further medication
- Need medication for cough vomiting and fever
- What medication is suggested for scarlet fever
- What causes dry cough after fever
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?