Had a flu shot, have runny nose, had low platelet count, given IVIG. What happened?

In 2010 I had a flu shot on a Wednesday, by Sunday of that week I have a runny nose, red throat and pink ears. I was given a z pack and by the next Sunday I had not gotten any better and my body was covered in Petickei (sp). I was sent to the er for a cbb and other test. I had a 0 platlett count and was given an IVIG and numberous other tests. I was sent home after 4 days and within a week my platletts were dangerously low again. Hospital again and all kinds of test again. Six months later I had my spleen removed. Since that time I have been monitored by my hematologist Any ideas why this happened? YYYY@YYYY
Sat, 21 Sep 2013