What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
All are risk factors for cardiac disease
After going through all your reports attached by you, I can understand your concern. Here I will try to simplify things for you.
Raised c Reactive Protein, Lipid profile, Homocysteine levels along with low levels of foliate and vitamin D all points towards a strong risk for developing coronary artery disease due to atherosclerosis.
So after knowing that you have all these risk factors you have to be very careful and you need to start following healthy lifestyle habits very strictly from today onwards. And very importantly you have to STOP SMOKING COMPLETELY if you do as it also promote atherosclerosis leading to coronary heart disease at a fast rate.
Lifestyle modifications includes:
1. Daily brisk morning walk for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week.
2. Reduction of daily dietary salt intake.
3. Total avoidance of fried food items and junk food.
4. No Smoking at all if you do.
5. Include good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables in daily diet.
6. Try to stay stress free.
7. Avoid to much intake of caffeine containing drinks like coffee and soft drinks.
Along with this you need to start few meds also like Statins for lipid control, Vit D and Folate supplement.
I would like to suggest you to personally consult a cardiologist for a written prescription for the medicines.
I hope this information will be helpful and will guide you properly. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts.
Dr Bhanu partap
You can go in evening also but morning walks are more useful due to fresh air.
Your diastolic blood pressure is bit on higher side. If you follow the above lifestyle habits strictly and then maintain regularly your Bp will come within normal range. Hopefully you won't require any medicine.
Your sgpt and sgot are within normal limits.
Hope this will answer Your query. If you have any more doubts you can ask me back or else you can close the discussion and kindly rate the answer.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done lipid profile test is my report okay
- What does these blood test and lipid profile indicate
- How should a lipid profile test report be interpreted
- What are the findings from the lipid profile test
- Lipid profile test
- Lipid profile test done what do the results indicate
- My lipid profile and blood test report
- Have had lipid profile test what are the diagnosis
- Lipid profile test ranges
- What is lipid profile test
- Is blood pressure of 131/69 a cause for concern?
- Suggest remedies for pain in the left side of the chest
- What does this lipid profile test report indicate?
- What does a calcium level of 135 indicate?
- What causes fluctuations in BP readings?
- What does this ECG report indicate?
- What causes left-sided pain in the chest?
- What causes profuse sweating post a valve replacement heart surgery?
- Suggest treatment for pain in the testicle
- Is Sotalol intake 12 hours after missing a dose advisable?