What Does Stomachache Indicate As Per The Attached Reports?
Request your expert advice on the below query, Suffering from acute stomach ache since few days though it was acidity or gastric issue hence took acidity and gastric tablets and liquids but it had no effect, Asked a general physician and got the USG abdomen done today, attaching the reports for the same, Can you please assist looking at the reports what is the problem and what medication should be taken and is there any serious issue as the pain is there in th abdomen , is their any liver problem foreseen any tests to be done further ?
thanks , regards
Type of infection evaluation needs further symptomatic details .
Hello dear XXXXXXX ,
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query with attached USG report thoroughly .
* This indicates underlying infection involving some organ of the abdomen .
* For evaluating it in depth , and guide further which type of investigations are
required kindly provide some more additional information please .
1. Pain - location , frequency , type , radiation anywhere , aggravating , relieving
2. Associated vomiting , nausea , fever , loss of appetite .
3. Alterations in bowel habits , yellow urine .
4. Weight loss or other noticeable change .
Awaiting for your response .
thanks for reviewing my query
1. pain is there in the whole abdomen throughout the say but aggravates post evening
2. no fever, no urine discoloration, no vomiting , loss of appetite
3. weakness is being felt, no weight loss
Is there any major infection and which organ is affected, can you please clarify
intestine infection most likely , basic lab tests required are suggested .
Hi XXXXXXX ,
* This relates to intestine infection with some sort of bacteria giving secondary
changes involving liver and spleen .
* It is not major infection to be afraid of , but needs basic laboratory tests to
confirm the reason of the same .
* Suggested to undergo following evaluation and consult with the reports
- complete blood counts with ESR
- serum widal test
- serum bilirubin
- SGPT , SGOT
- fasting blood sugar
- urine microscopy examination .
Hope this will help you for sure .
Wishing her fine recovery .
One last query wanted to check, The below tests were prescribed but have not got them done , can you please tell me for what reason the tests are prescribed and it is linked to intestine or something?
antiendomysial antibody IgG
tissue transglutaminas IgA
Also, If u can guide me what preparation needs to be done
follow up .
Welcome for follow up .
* Antiendomysial antibody IgG and tissue transgluaminase IgA are specific
markers for the Celiac disease of the intestine (gluten sensitive enteropathy )
* As per the narrated symptoms and USG findings , your case is not typical of
that , but your physician may have evaluated the need of the relevant
investigations keeping other parameters in the mind .
* For investigations , preparation is only to be remain empty stomach has to go
without taking anything by mouth for 10 hours .
Say patient can consume last liquids orally at 10 PM , then nil by mouth
and give blood , urine sample at 8 AM .
Hope this will help her for sure .
Welcome for any further assistance .
1. As per the test you have suggested, Can I get the LFT Liver function test done which will cover all right ,
2. and which doctor do you suggest for the consultation , Consultant Gastro-intestinal Surgeon which does the liver transplant or Consultant Gastroenterology only,
follow up .
Hi XXXXXXX ,
Welcome for the follow up .
1. LFT is not covering everything needed for our case ( this includes only serum
bilirubin , SGPT , SGOT , albumin globulin ratio , HBSAg ) .
You have to undertake CBC , ESR , serum widal , FBS , urine microscopy
along with LFT .
2. Can consult in follow up with reports or Consultant Gastroenterology .
Always happy to assist you anytime .
I am attaching the report of LFT, can you please guide me looking at the report, Is there Jaundice detected ?
you can`t stamp purely jaundice , it may be early sign/secondary to other .
Welcome for follow up with LFT reports .
* There is SGPT elevation , with negligible changes of SGOT and direct bilirubin .
This may be indicative of very early jaundice or secondary to some bacterial
or viral infection in the abdomen giving these changes .