Suggest treatment for persistent viral fever

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: got viral fever from 4 days taking allegra m and dolo 650 mg
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting the query

If the fever has not come down since 4 days then i suggest you to get investigated. You should get CBC, Urine routine, WIDAL, and Dengue NS1 tested.

Any issue do follow up

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 32 minutes later
I got my CBC and URINE test done along with some other tests. Fever get reduces at times but for abt half a day remains near 99. So I take Dolo 650 mg. I am doubtful whether I should continue with Allegra M because it caused me extreme breahtlesness.

Please review my attached reports.My Nasal congenstion is there and is of white color. I am taking steam and other ginger etc home remedies. I dont get coughing sense but when gargle, I see it is white color.

Please advise if I still need to get WIDAL, Dengue test done.
Also please advise what food/drinks I should avoid and take.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need of WIDAL now

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Instead of DOLO have HIFENAC P tablet 3 times a day. For nasal congestion take Tab. Ebast DC. Discontinue Allegra tablet.

Now no need of WIDAL.
Wait for 3 more days, if still the symptoms remain same then you can repeat the CBC.

Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 28 minutes later
Thanks for reply. Hifenac P -- is it a antibiotic or normal painkiller and paracetamol?
My body pain is not much . Got minor on shoulder. I should be able to manage without painkiller. I just checked my fever it is 98.9. Also nasal congestion is better and mucus color is my transparent. Please advise if you still want to take hifenac P and Ebast DC medicine?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Sorry for the delayed reply

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I'm sorry for the delayed reply Hifenac P is not an antibiotic. It is a antipyretic. I hope your fever is relieved now.

Any issue do follow up.