question-icon

What does my Widal test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 19 Dec 2017
Question: Hi. I have recently diagnosed with typhoid one month back and I took course of antibiotics. I started developing anxiety kind of like unknown fear and disturbed mind during this typhoid. Is it common to have this symptom. 8 years back I had malaria and had same symptoms. it disappeared once I waz cured from malaria. Attached is my widal report. I don't have temeparture also when I am checking on thermometer but body is hot and weak.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
I think it is not related with typhoid fever.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

First I need to know if you are taking medications during this period?
You should know that without treatment typhoid fever could cause as a less common complications psychiatric problems, such as delirium, hallucinations and paranoid psychosis. But, in your case I think it is not related .
Your anxiety could be just as a result of your fear from the diseases and I suggest to meet a psychologist to define better the reason.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist