What does less bleeding during menstruation indicate?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi doc, im 28yrs old n married. I have scanty periods problem..frm last.two months I'm having a 1day periods..vry less bleeding.
We are not trying for the baby also..so y is this happening. Last year I was diagnosed with high prolactin level 89.99
And thyroid 5.8 which became normal aftere medication. Frm last two yrs my periods are vry scanty. Please help.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid,prolactin reports,hysteroscopy, endometrial TB PCR.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dear XXXXXXX

Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
I have carefully gone through your query, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.

1. First of all do not panic.

2. Firstly I will suggest you to get following investigations -

Complete Hemogram, urine routine examination, Repeat thyroid function tests as well as Prolactin levels (as per your description, these reports are of last year's), let me know when was the last time they're rechecked and how're the reports.

I would like to know if you had any history of surgical MTP or Diagnostic or therapeutic curettage or past history or family history of Tuberculosis.

3. As per reports you may need treatment for prolactin and thyroid issues.

4. Also , a hysteroscopic evaluation of uterine cavity and endometrial sampling for TB PCR will be helpful to know the reason behind scanty period.

I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you great health.
Dr Purushottam S Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee