What does high LDH value after chemotherapy indicate?
I have recently finished a course of chemo for stage 2 lymphoma about a month ago. Doctors say I'm in remission and the cancer has only trace amounts left with the expectation it will go. But recently I'm finding I sweat a lot, I feel an itching in my body without a rash being present. And recently I've done a blood test with everything being within normal range except LDH being at 547, RBC being at 5.91 and MPV being at 6.7. So My LDH is above normal range, RBC is above normal range (slightly) and my MPV is below normal range. My apetite is good, I don't smoke any more (more than 4 months since I've been smoke free). Please help me shed some light on this.
this LDH may come down
I understand your concerns. It is great news that the lymphoma has been controlled. Sometimes immediately after chemo LDH may be high because of high cell turnover and this comes down in 2-3 months. MPV is not something of concern and RBC will improve.
The symptoms may also be due to after effect of chemo and will subside slowly. Till then symptomatic treatment is appropriate.
As your scans are fine, I would not worry too much.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your answer. Can you please tell me what I can do in regards to "symptomatic treatment"? Especially this itching around my body without an apparent sign of a rash or the itching subsiding. It feels like the itching is from the inside.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What vitamins are needed after chemotherapy for cervical cancer
- What to expect after chemotherapy
- High glucose levels with chemotherapy
- What causes abdominal painvomiting and bloating after a chemotherapy
- What is the cause of itching after chemotherapy
- What comes after chemotherapy
- High body heat after chemotherapy
- High temperature after chemotherapy
- What relieves severe leg cramps after chemotherapy
- What causes bad breath after chemotherapy
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?