Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What could be the cause of swollen lymph node under the chin, right shoulder and front wall of vagina ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions

I have a swollen lymph node under chin around the size of a pea and also a slightly larger one on my right shoulder, in the trapezium.
Have been feeling very tired recently and sweaty at nights but no fever or illness to talk about. these lumps have been there for 2 weeks and are quite hard moveable and tender. I do not have a rash but have had bad indigestion. Any ideas what this could be? oh I also discovered a small pimple again around the size of a pea on the front wall of my vagina around 6 months ago., this is also very hard and a little tender. my gp could not find this but i am noticing it there each time i check my cervix position...I am trying to concieve at the mo. I am 31yo F 8stone and 5ft 5 many thanks
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for your question.

Your question is a good one and I'll try to provide you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

First of all let me reassure you that the lymph node swelling what you are experiencing is not an indication of some kind of cancer or serious disorder. Very commonly these swell in response to exposure to some kind of virus or something in the environment which causes and a budget we action. I expect that these areas of swelling pool slowly and gradually resolve over the next 3 to 6 weeks. The fact that they are tender is also an indication of a very benign origin. I would not spend very much time worrying about these right now.

As far as the swelling which you have noticed in the area of the vagina. This is very likely a benign cyst. These often come and go from time to time and certainly have no impact on your level of fertility. If this assist or area of swelling becomes painful or bothersome to you your physician can refer you to a gynecologist. A gynecologist can sometimes perform a very minor procedure where the system is opened and drained.
Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my answer to be both helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns regarding this question I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor