What causes tingling and itching sensation in hands?
I don't have any rash or bumps it almost seems as an internal burning/itch...especially first thing in the morning. Also my hands go numb while I'm at sleep...it takes few minutes in the morning to get bback to normal and still i have this feeling that they are swollen or now i have this new sensation.
What can it be?
Need some details to guide you better
thank you for contacting HCM.
i've gone through your query and would try to help you in best possible way. your symptoms could be due to a number of causes. i would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. since when are you having this problem?
2. any recent history of trauma?
3. did itching occur after doing some particular activity like taking food, going to bed, wearing clothes, etc?
4. are you on any medication?
5. does tingling sensation occur of you pick heavy weight?
6. does itch occur on any other part of body as well?
7. any history of diabetes, hypertension or other illness?
i'll be looking forward for answers to conclude the discussion in the best interedt of yours.
I had a laparoscopy 2 weeks ago and was itching around the wounds
After the pest control come in into my house to take care of ants i had a rash on my leg 1 day prior to my surgery.
I don't take medication other than aspirin and tylenol because of the surgery.
Yes i'm itchy on my feet and legs but not consistently, even my scalp sometimes.
Yes i was more itchy in my hands when i was carrying the shopping bag to my house.
My last blood test was perfect with the exception of a deficiency in vitamin D.
Most probably allergic reaction
thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. There is high probability of allergic reaction. It usually resolves itself in few days. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
- cetirizine one at night for 3 days
- change/wash your bedding thoroughly
- avoid much scratching else it might leave scar.
- multivitamin syp; one daily for 1 week(may come under different name, most common is Vit. B-complex).
Hopefully you will see improvement in 2-3 days BUT if condition remains same or aggravates then you need to visit hospital for further workup.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause tingling sensation in left hand
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling sensation in head
- Tingling sensation in hands fingers have osteoarthritis cause
- What causes tingling sensation on face
- What causes tingling in hands and ibs
- What causes tingling sensation in my hands while writing
- What causes pain and tingling sensation in hands
- Getting tingling sensation in foot what is causing this
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms