What causes tingling sensation in the right shoulder?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have been having tingling sensation on my right shoulder. Only about four-five times a day. This has been going on for five days. Only lasts for 10-15 seconds. Feels like ants crawling on me.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I will want you to monitor only at this time!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your information fully. This is suggestive of a possible peripheral nerve problem. Inmost cases, with age, these are transient and disappear altogether. If they however become persistent and worrisome, we will prescribe medications to address this. For now, medications are not strongly warranted.

In all, peripheral neuropathy which is not uncommon with age. Often transient and disappears. Treatment only indicated if it interferes with daily activities or becomes bothersome.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D