What causes redness and tingling sensation in the left eye?

Ophthalmologist
Question
When I woke up this morning, my left eye was blood shot, as if a vessel had broken. I have no pain, but I do have a slight tingling sensation. What may be the cause?
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a case of subconjunctival hemorrhage.

Detailed Answer:

Firstly I'd request to get your blood pressure checked up. If its normal then its most likely subconjunctival hemorrhage. In which case, tiny blood vessels in conjunctiva get ruptured.

Treatment suggested-
Eye drop Moxifloxacin 2 drops thrice daily.
Eye drop ketorolac ( mild anti-inflammatory)- would settle inflammation, 2 drops thrice daily.
For tingling sensation take oral antihistaminic like Allegra 180 mg once. You may need to obtain a prescription from your local doctor for these.

Follow it for 3 days. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Take care!